Take one pair of helping hands and a small blow torch…
I started to work on a simple APRS transmitter today so that I could use it as a antenna test bed for Project Swift.
It was very simple to build using only an Arduino Uno, a Venus GPS receiver a Radiometrix HX1 module (on 144.800Mhz) and an SMA PCB socket.
The completed board looks like this…
After playing around all day with the APRS message format, I managed to get it working and updating to aprs.fi via my own igate.
Next up will be a test with it installed in the car.
Another day, another project…
This is the first collaborative project that is being made at Prototype, Medway’s new hackspace.
Whilst I will update my progress here, the project, called STaTBUOY, has it’s own wiki over at www.statbuoy.org where the entire project is being documented by all those involved.